Sep 12th, 2020
Suicide Awareness & Prevention
Suicide is defined as death caused by self-directed injurious behavior with intent to die as a result of the behavior. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in 2018:
- Suicide was the tenth leading cause of death overall in the United States, claiming the lives of over 48,000 people.
- Suicide was the second leading cause of death among individuals between the ages of 10 and 34, and the fourth leading cause of death among individuals between the ages of 35 and 54.
- There were more than two and a half times as many suicides (48,344) in the United States as there were homicides (18,830).
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Available 24/7
- National Crisis Text Line. Text TALK to 741741
Relationship Renegade is a podcast designed to bring you hard truths and reality about relationships. This show is unapologetically raw. Dr. Jameson Mercier is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and specializing in Relationship Systems.
- Past episodes can be heard at mercierwellness.com/listen.
- Want to be a guest on the podcast? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about sponsorship or advertising, email email@example.com
- For more information and to schedule your consultation visit mercierwellness.com
- Visit our online store: etsy.com/shop/mercierwellness
- Hashtags: #MercierWellness #RelationshipRenegade
- Instagram: @jamesonmercier
- Facebook: @DrJamesonMercier
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JamesonMercier
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/3g5G5uZ